Friday, August 29, 2008

It's All in the Name

Well, I wasn't sure what to name this blog. I had many ideas floating around my head, but something kept pulling me back to "clay." I love the Jeremy camp song "I am Nothing" and my favorite lyrics in the song are:

Then I realize I’m still clay

And this piece that’s being shaped,

Will be a beauty you create

And, I am just an ordinary person, who makes mistakes daily, I stumble and fall and I get back up, I face struggles, temptations and disappointments like anyone else, but I find complete joy, peace and assurance in the fact that the Lord is working on me. I am His continuous project. He is the potter, and I am the clay. I can't imagine I'll ever get to a place of contentment...I still hunger for Him and pray daily that this hunger will never cease (FYI another favorite song, to be played at my funeral "Give Me Jesus") I can get so caught up in worldliness, I want to always crave Jesus.

So, back to the "clay." I am reminded daily that I am still clay. And I hold onto the truth that He promises in one of my favorite life verses:

Philippians 1:6

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

I am in His hands, being shaped and molded...that's a good place to be.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! I'll definitely bookmark your page and I will read and comment regularly...after all, it's not as much fun to blog if no one reads/comments, right? :) (I think you have my blog address but just in case it's www.xanga.com/mochafrapplite.com.)

    I love the name you chose...I'm still clay! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    welcome to the world of blogging. It helps me stay sane in a crazy world. Also, it allows me to vent, brag, enjoy...whatever I need at the moment.
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you have been to Picnik.com!!!

    Sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!!! Your spirit is so gentle and beautiful and your words so wise...I can't wait to soak it all in every day!
    With much love!
    erica

    ReplyDelete