Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Harvest Festival

On Saturday, our church had a fall "Harvest Festival"on the church grounds. It was a beautiful day and a fabulous time for the family. We were so thankful for all the love, thought, time and effort that went into this event. It truly was an incredible production and we had so much fun together.


Throughout the church grounds there were several "stations" to visit to play games and enjoy goodies with your family and friends. Each station had a "theme" and a message/scripture verse that was tied into it (you'll see the pictures of the signs below) Here are photos from our day:



Having fun on "Straw Mountain"



Gourd Bowling!
"Knock" em down!


This was a fun one...


No hands Brooke!


Even Mommy and Daddy got in on the fun



Pumpkin Ring Toss

When all else fails, put the ring on yourself!

What a goopy sugary mess of fun this was!

OMG! Yes, he ate this!
Morgan and Brayden
Rae-Rae and Brookie (the mischief-makers)
Get it? Overalls?
Mike and Kelly
Darc and I
The corn maze
this was actually a lot of fun
we took a couple wrong turns
but finally found our way out
Daddies and their silly girls

Break time...cider and donuts


clydesdale horses were there to give us a ride
a little big and scary up close, but beautiful!


time for the pumpkin patch!

Brayden and Jayson- all hugs!
picking the perfect one...

Afterwards, we had our family picture taken and were given this
to take home to remember our special day

Once the outside activities were done, we "shopped" inside the church at the
"Harvest of Talents" craft show/auction
I bought these great handpainted Marushka dolls for Brooke (for Christmas)
(she already has one from her Auntie Em that she plays with all the time.
we keep it up high, so she has to ask to play with it...and does so often.) This one has male characters, which I loved, and represents a family....A timeless treasure of a toy
she can pass on to her own children some day.
We also picked up this great quilt for her, made with some vintage fabrics
it looks great on her bed, and she loves it too!
After such a fun-filled day, she welcomed taking a nap...
and our little guy couldn't resist either.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome story! That was a perfect day & so beautiful. I wanted to cry everytime I read the signs for each station...I love it when people can proclaim the presence and beauty of God in the smallest details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT pics!!! And it was a fabulous day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a neat event !
    I absolutly love the verses that were tied in at each station, how cool.
    Nothing like a great family event with some teaching moments to go with it :)
    did my mom get that recipe to you ? i know she has been really busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That is awesome. I am a bit jealous. I want our church to do something like that, but with all of your posts maybe I can make something like that happen with our church next year! Absolutely awesome, looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job explaining the event. I wish I would have remembered to take a pic of the signs, they really meant a lot to me also. Great pics. I think our families are just used to the camera now, hugh? Hey I would love an email with the pics including Morgan, Rae and the daddies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun day!! Great pics! I also liked the scriptures to go with each station!! I actually just used one for my blog! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great event!!! It looks like you had a ton of fun!!

    ReplyDelete