Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What Matters the Most...

Sometimes it's easier to stay angry or to be in a state of "temporary" unforgiveness. It strangely feels like your heart is protected with these walls up. I understand what it means when "your heart won't make a sound."

Today God has been calling me to forgiveness. I'm finding that my timing for it is different than His. He's calling me to it now. Uncomfortable. Kinda puts me in a vulnerable spot-
but I'm trying to submit and trust those arms that are holding me because Love Never Fails...and afterall, that matters the most.

I recently purchased the Brandon Heath CD. This song has been speaking to my soul today...

LOVE NEVER FAILS
(by Brandon Heath)

Love is not proud...
Love does not boast...
Love, afterall, matters the most
Love does not run...
Love does not hide...
Love does not keep locked inside...
Love is the river that flows through...
Love never fails you...

Love will sustain...
Love will provide...
Love will not cease at the end of time...
Love will protect...
Love always hopes...
Love still believes when you don't...
Love is the arms that are holding you...
Love never fails you...

When my heart won't make a sound...
When I can't turn back around...
When the sky is falling down...
Nothing is greater than this...
Greater than this...

'Cause love is right here...
Love is alive...
Love is the Way, the Truth, the Life...
Love is the river that flows through...
Love is the arms that are holding you...
And love is the place you will fly to...
Love never fails you

4 comments:

  1. Wow.

    Love it - love YOU!

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it so challenging when the Lord points out something in our hearts, our minds, our attitudes that aren't right?! Mine isn't about forgiveness - this week :) - but thanks for reminding me that obedience and love are the best choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgiveness is a great thing and difficult at times. It teaches our minds and hearts to be in sync with eachother which is why God works in awesome ways. He knew you were up for the challenge. So glad we had our chat this morning. I love you J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. I love those lyrics! I'm keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete