Thursday, December 4, 2008

The "Moving" Mystery

I've received a lot of comments through my blog, facebook, and my email in regards to why we are selling our home and moving. To make a long story short...we owned a family business for nearly 5 years which we lost this past February (after having it on the market for a couple of years AND a final sale falling through after 7 months of process and negotiation). Disappointing, depressing, exhausting... This business had been nothing but tumultuous from the start.


While we are most certainly relieved to have the business off of our hands, there is a considerable amount of debt that needs to be paid off as a result of the loss. It would be nearly impossible for us to tackle any of this debt while living in our current home. Everyone knows that the housing market is at an all-time low. Our home is no longer worth what we paid for it. We could continue to live here, but we would not be moving forward and the business debt would remain unpaid. The credit industry and overall economy is struggling as well, so this really seems like an opportune time to make some big changes that won't hurt/harm us as much as they would if the economy was booming. After much prayer, a radical decision to sell our home via a "short sale" was made. Darcy still has a well-paying stable job and we are staying in the area. We are blessed to be able to move only 3 miles away into Grandpa and Grandma's house.


This will be a year of adjustments. Part of me will have a hard time letting go of our home, the freedom and independence that it brings...being surrounded by my own furnishings, my "things" and my routine/way of doing things. But, whenever those fears and doubts and anxieties set in, I have to remind myself that we are going to be starting fresh once the debt is tackled, that we are blessed to have a place to stay during this time, that Darcy still has a good job and I am able to stay home with the children, that we are all healthy, and that this too will be temporary.


It's important for me to count my blessings during these times and focus on all I have to be thankful for. I absolutely love this time of year and I am making a conscious effort to enjoy and absorb these moments in our home...making memories and appreciating what we've been blessed with. We've been in this home for three and a half years...it has been good to us.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it is hard to think of letting your house go, but you're right to focus on the blessings and the progress you'll make by making the change. Been there/did that! :) Love you and praying for a quick sale!

    ReplyDelete