Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fancy Fingernails...One Way or Another

Brooke missed her nap yesterday...today she had a meltdown while grocery shopping because I would not buy her "princess fake nails" that were strategically hanging down one of the food aisles (I'm convinced they are there to make Moms have an even more difficult time getting out of the store with children in one piece!) The meltdown began about 1/2 way through our shopping experience and lasted until we got in the car. The decision was made...NAP TIME as soon as you are done eating lunch!

While Brooke was supposedly napping, I decided to use up some old bananas and bake some muffins. I heard her rustling around for a bit (which is not uncommon). Once the muffins were in the oven baking I decided to go upstairs to check on her. The sweet aroma of banana muffins downstairs quickly changed into the sweet aroma of nail polish once I found my way upstairs. And, there in the hall bathroom, the evidence was before me...
Yes, she got into this all by herself and became very brave.
I found her laying in her bed...with freshly painted fingernails.
Aren't they fancy? She even managed a second coat of sparkles.
I guess she thought that when Mommy said "no" it was time to take matters into her own hands (literally).
One way or another...this girl got her fancy fingernails.
(but that wasn't the only thing fancy she was given!)

Sweet Dreams Brooke.
Whoever said girls are easier than boys is sorely mistaken.

4 comments:

  1. Someone told you that girls are easier than boys???!!!???

    Bwwwaaaahhhhhhaaaaa!

    Some girls might be easier than some boys, but overall I'd say that boys are challenging but you usually see the challenge and deal with it. Girls are sneaky, you think everything is fine then you are blindsided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - what a little stinker ... a very clever little stinker :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, just happy for you that the nail polish is on the nails not the rest of your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...I guess these are the things I have to look forward to!!! I love reading stories about your Brooke:0) She certaintly keeps life interesting;)

    ReplyDelete