Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day

Sometimes God brings me back to a place where I am completely humbled and reminded that I am nothing without Him...I had a "remove the plank from your own eye" moment this week...and several other moments where my heart felt tweaked a bit in subtle ways and has left me feeling more centered and true...
I am grateful for this because it causes me to feel closer to my true self, my identity, and it puts me back where I am supposed to be. At the same time, it also puts me in a place where I feel closer to God and have Him back in His rightful place.
Makes me want to surrender my entirety to Him (once again) and to be emptied of myself and filled with Him. I am learning this is something I must continuously do.
Today is a great day to remember all that was given and sacrificed -
ALL OUT OF A RELENTLESS LOVE FOR US-
A perfect example of LOVE was displayed in nail-pierced hands and wounded side.

"For God so loVed the world,
.........That He gAve
...................His onLy
.....................BegottEn
...............................SoN
....................................That whosoever
.......................Believeth In Him
.............................Should Not perish,
............................But have Everlasting Life."
~John 3:16

Brennan Manning writes: "What is indiscriminate compassion? Take a look at a rose. It is impossible for the rose to say 'I'll offer my fragrance to good people and withhold it from bad people'? Or can you imagine a lamp that withholds its rays from a wicked person who seeks to walk in its light? It could do that only by ceasing to be a lamp. And observe how helplessly and indiscriminately a tree gives its shade to everyone, good and bad, young and old, high and low, to animals and humans and every living creature- even to the one who seeks to cut it down. This is the first quality of compassion- its indiscriminate character."

We've been shown this indiscriminate compassion by a merciful God who defines LOVE. Today's' a great day to love on our spouses, our children and our family. That's easy. But what about the ones who are a bit more difficult to love, friends or family that we struggle with, the strangers we encounter daily? We've been given a perfect example of how to do this this through JESUS.

Love truly takes no less than everything. Happy Valentine's Day to you all...Love on!

6 comments:

  1. so sweet. eveentho i didnt celebrate valentine, but it's so sweet of u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day Schrieber Family!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent reminder, my sweet friend! So thankful for the indiscriminate compassion and relentless love of our Father! Also, I am so very thankful for you!
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad God puts those reminders in our every days as well as our Valentine's days. You always do such a great job expressing what I feel. The pics are great. Love the shot of the two kids hugging from the back.

    ReplyDelete