Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bless His Little Heart

Brayden has really been enjoying reading and writing. I am so impressed how much he is being taught and learning in kindergarten. It is exciting to watch him blossom and grow. One of my daily prayers for him is that God will give him a mind that is eager to learn. I can't tell you how many notebooks we have gone through of him writing his letters, numbers, notes, sentences, and pictures (often ones dealing with "Pokemon" and "Ben 10" and other little boy wonders).

He can read and write many high frequency words, and is learning how to sound and s-t-r-e-t-c-h out words. Recently, he handed me this piece of paper and told me that he had just written his bedtime prayers. They are the same bedtime prayers I said each night as a child...
"Now I lay me down to sleep...
I pray the Lord my soul to keep (he forgot that part)
God bless Daddy, Mommy, Brayden, Brooke,
Grandpas and Grandmas
everybody I love,
Amen."

Bless his little heart! (this one is going in his baby book)

3 comments:

  1. Notebook paper: 5 cents
    Orange marker: 10 cents
    Bedtime Prayers: priceless

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally crying. So very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's so sweet! It's nice to have sweet memories of our boys too.

    ReplyDelete