Friday, March 27, 2009

Come up...

This morning's devotion really spoke to me. Oswald Chambers writes about "living up to our highest" and how God will continually say to us, "Friend, go up higher."

He references Revelation 4:1:
"Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

And encourages the reader to reflect on one's spiritual history and the ways that God has called you up, to "see from a higher standpoint," and then reminds us to "never let God give us a point of truth that we do not instantly live up to. Always work it out, keep the light of it."

My favorite part (which so goes along with the theme of my blog, my life, and those "nothing" moments that sometimes rear their ugly head) is when Chambers writes:

"Growth in grace is measured not by the fact that you have not gone back, but you have an insight into where you are spiritually; you have heard God say 'Come up higher,' not to you personally, but to the insight of your character."

(so glad He's not finished with me yet.)

2 comments:

  1. WOW - that was some good stuff. A lot to think about! Thanks for sharing ... and for always holding me accountable!

    Loves ya SuperModel!
    RS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your insight!

    ReplyDelete