Friday, April 24, 2009

Disneyworld-Part 3 (Animal Kingdom)



The "Tree of Life." It's hard to tell in this photo, but there are really cool engravings on this gigantic tree trunk.










I don't recall the correct "African" name for this tree, but it means
"upside down" because it looks like the tree has grown upside down with
it's roots extending from the bottom up.


Brooke loved that the elephants were "kissing!"
Everytime I see flamingos I think of the "Three's Company" theme song (Come and Knock on my Door). I think I watched too many reruns in college. Jack Tripper was so funny!
Interesting tidbit: Ostrich eggs can withstand up to 350 pounds. They are so strong and since many animals "fear" the ostrich, the mamas don't feel they need to hide or closely protest their eggs.


Overall, our trip to Animal Kingdom was a lot of fun. We enjoyed a Safari Ride and were able to see many animals. Brooke was disappointed we didn't see the lions though. They were all sleeping. Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment