Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Woven...

I just can't stop thinking about this little baby girl (my daughter) growing inside of me. I ponder in my heart the verses of Psalm 139...treasuring every truth.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.

This little life is being fearfully and wonderfully made. She is being woven by God with such intricacy, intention and purpose. Every day and every area of her life is already known and written by her Creator. And to think that His thoughts for her outnumber my own consuming thoughts of her...they outnumber the grains of sand. And He already longs to know her, have a relationship with her, and to shower her with His immeasurable, inexhaustible, unfailing, and unrelenting love. My heart just swells with the beauty and wonder of this truth. I can't think of anything sweeter right now.

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing and overwhelming, isn't it?

    I have a new and deeper appreciation for this passage of Scripture. I have written it on the outside of the album that I'm making of Brynn that documents her life from birth to adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so poetic. I love this verse and the thoughts of an unborn baby already being known. BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete