Thursday, May 14, 2009

Overjoyed

We had such a busy, blessed, eventful weekend. May has already been a busy month with birthdays and anniversaries, but I have more to share. We had an absolute joy-filled weekend with my family and it brought much comfort and happiness to my soul.


Friday morning Brayden had a "Muffins with Mom" date at his school in celebration of Mother's Day. I was also given a beautiful portrait that he drew of me...definitely one to cherish. I enjoyed my one-on-one time with my little guy. Later Friday afternoon, we drove out to Saline for a Very Hungry Caterpillar Party to celebrate my nephew's, (Blair), first birthday. I don't know what was more darling, the decorations/creativity or the birthday boy himself?! (OK, definitely the birthday boy).


On Saturday we drove back out to Tecumseh to watch my niece's, (Natalie), dance recital. We stayed the night at my sister's house and woke up Sunday morning (Mother's Day) with them and went to their church. The boys cooked us a fantastic Mother's Day Breakfast and treated us well. Church was extra special because both of my sisters were getting baptized that day! I was so grateful I was able to be there to witness this. It truly was the highlight of my weekend and one of the happiest moments of my life. I am so proud and blessed. It is one thing to have biological sisters, but to know that they are equally my sisters in Christ and we are truly ONE FAMILY just causes me to feel so overjoyed. The fact that I get to spend eternity with two of my favorite people, two of my best friends, is priceless.


Later Sunday afternoon we drove back home and had dinner with Darcy's parents. We BBQd, relaxed, and played Wii. That evening, we came home, put the kids down and Darcy and I watched Fireproof together...(a great prelude to our anniversary the following day). It was such a wonderful weekend spent with family. I felt pampered, blessed and overjoyed.

1 comment: