Sunday, August 2, 2009

Birthday Celebrations

I mentioned before that two very special and influencial people in my life share the same birthday: my mom and my father-in-law. It isn't very often that I get to spend the day with my mom on her actual birthday. But this year I was given the privilege to spend it with her and my father-in-law. We had a birthday BBQ at my in-laws last Sunday. My mom and Bob came out and spent the day with us. It was so nice to have everyone together...and to love on my mom (not from afar) on her birthday.
Papa, Grammy Jo, Brayden and Brooke
Brookie (or is that Natalie?) and Grammy Jo swappin' glasses
(All day Brooke kept asking us to call her Natalie...
she felt like her cousin in her beautiful "glathes")
Aren't they cute? (the two above and the two below)

Present time!


Brookie trying on Grammy Jo's new scarf
Brayden and Bob playing the Wii.
The boys were more interested in the games than the gifts
And since my birthday was just three days later, I was spoiled a bit on this day too.
Some new clothes from Mom and Dad Schrieber
(I SO look forward to wearing regular clothes again soon!)
And my Mama Jo gave me the gift below.
She found this vintage face powder box and placed a very special gift inside for me...
these cameo earrings were given to my mother (from my father) for Valentine's Day in 1969.
Anything passed down within the family is always a treasure to me.
I was thrilled to receive these earrings.
The ironic thing is just weeks prior (while in Lexington) I picked up a "faux" pair of cameo earrings for $2.00 at a flea market. I thought they were charming.
Much better to receive an authentic and nostalgic pair.
We enjoyed some time outside on this beautiful summer day...Birthdays, family, fun...
time cherished. memories made.

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy your writing and your pictures! Happy Birthdays all around!!

    ReplyDelete