Monday, August 24, 2009

excitement in the air...

It's so hard to believe the end is really here...We will be holding our new baby daughter in our arms tomorrow, and there is no doubt we can all feel the excitement in the air.

my last belly shots
The kids and I all slept in today.
Brooke woke me up at 8am.
Brayden slept till 9:30am
(partly because he was up in the middle of the night. daddy even found him sleeping on the couch with the tv on at 5:30am...so we don't know exactly how much sleep the little guy had.)
While Brayden was sleeping, Brookie and I played together.
She has been really interested in playing with her babies and perfecting her big sister skills.
I also finished up some housework- things I know I won't be able to get to right away after the baby is born (washed all our sheets and bedding, cleaned out the refrigerator, dusted, watered all the plants, etc.)
Both kids seemed exceptionally affectionate today and wanted all of mommy's attention.
Brayden greeted me in the morning saying "I can't believe the baby's coming tomorrow!"
"It's going to be 2 girls and 1 boy, just like Ian!" "I'm so excited the baby is coming tomorrow!"
He has always been my little cuddle bug....today he was especially.
Brooke followed up by saying "I love you mom and I love our baby so much!"
We had breakfast in the living room, on the floor, with tv trays (per the kids request)

The kids took these photos (I'm trying to cover up a bit because I am still in my pj's)
While sitting next to Brayden, he felt the baby kicking...he said "Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, she's coming out something fierce!" He had me cracking up.
I was also relishing on the fact that Brayden was calling me "Mommy" all day long.
I know the day will come when I will graduate to just "Mom." Right now I am either Mommy, Mama, or Mom. My ear was in tune to hearing his little voice say "Mommy" throughout the day today.
There is a quote from an American writer (Dorothy Evslin) that says;
"It will be gone before you know it. The fingerprints on the wall appear higher and higher. Then suddenly they disappear."
I am so excited to be adding another set of fingerprints to our family, but I also know that my little guy will seem that much more grown up tomorrow once she arrives.
Today is my last day of being pregnant!
While I am so excited to meet my baby, there was a tiny bit of bittersweetness in knowing today would hold my last moments of being pregnant and experiencing this miracle.
Between housework and play this morning, the home was filled with worship music ...arms raised, tears falling, I was able to take time to thank God for my life, His provision, and His love.

As a result of Brooke getting into a basket of mine today (that she should not have been in), I came across the scrapbook I had put together after having the miscarriage. I hadn't looked at this in months. Looking back, I am truly thankful for that experience. I think it has allowed me to appreciate, enjoy and understand the blessing of this pregnancy and this life more than I could have had I not experienced it.

I also began to think about all the ways God protects His children....many of them unknown to us. There are things in life that happen (or don't happen) because it is His way of protecting us. My heart's desire was to try for a VBAC. My C-section for tomorrow is actually 6 days prior to my due date. Brayden and Brooke were both 10 days early. It seemed reasonable and probable for this baby to come early too. However, there is a reason God has kept her inside my womb for this long. Instead of being disappointed, I am thanking Him and trusting Him. What didn't happen for me might quite possibly be His way of protecting me and my baby from something I couldn't have foreseen.
Forever my heart will sing of how great You are!
And today is also Darcy's last day of being Daddy to two children.
He will soon be a Daddy of three.
And "climbing the wooden mountain" won't be as easy with a 3rd on his back :)
And it's our last day of being a family of four, as well.
Darcy came home from work early. We had a picnic lunch outside and took the kids to the pool.
I couldn't decide what sounded good for dinner...and finally settled on eggs, turkey bacon, and peanut butter toast.
Not only does this man bring home the bacon, he cooks it too.
I surely love him.
After dinner we played a family game of Candyland.
And just enjoyed eachother's company.
(Darcy attempted to take a last photo of me with the kids...)
This is what you get when you are dealing with a 4 year old.
Oh behold...I can only imagine what our future family photos will look like.

It's been a good day. I pray tomorrow that the Lord will protect both our baby and myself. That she will enter this world safely...already loved and adored.

I John 3:1
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

Thank you Faithful Father...for all that You are.

3 comments:

  1. Oh this post brought tears to my eyes and giggles as well. Amanda, I am praying for you FIVE!!! All evening my heart has been sending up prayers and through the night as I wake you all will be on my heart. I cannot wait to see that sweet baby girl's face (still hoping its in person, but we will see what the night brings). Again, what a joy it has been to share in the journey of the creation of this little life!
    We love you!
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying!! Partly because your words are simply stunning, heart felt, loving and beautiful, and partly because I am laughing myself silly ocer the pic of Briikie with the glass stuk on her face. I know she is gonna LOVE being a big sister, and Bray is already such a little man and will be a great big bro all over again. And you and Darc will be the BEST mommy and daddy of 3. I cannot wait to meet her - I hope I can meet her tomorrow, but no matter what, you will be bathed in prayer and love!

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
    RS

    ReplyDelete
  3. ignore the typos - writing in the dark! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete