Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Berlyn 3 weeks/ Brooke's 1st Day...

Berlyn turned 3 weeks old on Tuesday. She is such a good baby (s0 far) and has been a consistently good sleeper for us.
She is really beginning to listen to our voices and search and study our faces when spoken to. She also is using her hands a lot more...often putting them up near her mouth when trying to give her a bottle. I am always trying to move them so that we can feed her.
She still sleeps a lot, but when awake she seems more and more alert...overall adjusting well to life!

And today was a BIG day for Brookie...
she started her first day of 4 year old preschool at Little Lambs.
She will be going every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
She was so excited when she woke up today.
Here she is posing before school.


And once she got to school, she became a bit shy...I tried to continue taking pictures, but this is the smile I kept getting from her :)
A bit artificial...I think it is a mix of nerves and excitement because she gave this same smile when meeting all of the princesses in Disney World this past Spring.
She made the 4 year old Wall of Fame!
(Her own decorated name tag...we need to add her photo to it though...didn't realize we could put one on there).
And I couldn't resist putting this next photo in...I laugh every time I look at it.
Brookie cheerfully playing with Barbies
We attempted another photo together...there is an additional prop (the phone), but a better brookie smile.
Berlyn and I stayed with her the whole time today. Friday will be her real first day. We'll see how she does then. She was a bit apprehensive today and had one mini meltdown while there. With all that's been going on lately, these new living transitions and the new baby, she has been overly sensitive at times.
And since Daddy worked today, he came home with flowers for his special school girl.
When previously asked what kind of flowers she liked, she told Daddy "rainbow!"
Still our baby girl...
Happy 1st day of school Brookie!
We are so proud of you!

6 comments:

  1. Man, they grow so fast. I can hardly stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both girls look older today. Love the 1st pic of Berlyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting more pictures -- I still can't believe how much Berlyn looks like you when you were a baby. Both of you -- BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a doll!! Her smile lights up the room...even when it is a bit 'artificial'. She is such a special little girl...I just love her! And I love the pict of her playing with Barbies...I don't know why but I see Darcy when I look at the look on her face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the pictures of Berlyn with her eyes open...she's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pics of both girls! I love the little headband you have on Berlyn! It is adorable. How cute is Broke with the next post"pumping princess" Very cute!

    ReplyDelete