Wednesday, September 30, 2009

berlyn...one month

I'm a bit behind in my posts, correspondences, etc. We've had limited access to the Internet paired with limited time to use the Internet. Brayden had a sleepover birthday party on Friday. I am unable to post his slideshow on my blog...this computer has been doing some strange things...but I did post it on Facebook.
In addition, Berlyn turned one month old on Friday, the 25th.
We had a doctor's appointment that day and she weighed 9lbs.3oz.
(50th%) and is doing well.
She is really trying to smile and has graced us with a few (inconsistently) already. I think she is getting the hang of it...next time we'll get our camera out to capture one.
It's funny at this stage...she looks so different in all of her photos, almost like we have 10 different babies under one roof...But they are all just one sweet Berlyn, developing into her own.
I love this picture of her above. Daddy is talking to her and she is staring at him and listening so intently. It's like her world stops when Daddy gives her attention, everything else pales in comparison to his love.
Brooke cannot get enough of her. She is a great big sister and a great helper.
I think Berlyn is really starting to look like her too. I need to go back to my May 6th post to compare photos of Brookie at this age. I keep meaning to do this because many people have told me they see Brooke in her.
Brooke r-e-a-l-l-y wants to hold Berlyn "by herself," with no pillow, and no help from mommy. She tries to move and prop her up in different positions when she is holding her. Sometimes Berlyn looks like a little ragdoll moving around...but she is so tolerant.
She is beginning to use her hands a lot more...propping them up on her bottle, putting them in her mouth, etc.. I could have sworn she tried swatting a hat off of her head today when I tried putting it on her. She wanted no part of it.
She is so sweet...but I am beginning to believe we are entering a new "high maintenance" phase. It seems we have days when she is so good (while sleeping) :) and then begins to fuss every moment she is awake and is NOT being held. I'm thankful I've done this before and recall that this phase is usually pretty short-lived.
Berlyn loves getting a bath. Her hair gets so wavy when wet...(my wishful hopes that she may have natural curl someday. It does run in Darcy's family).
During those "awake and fussy" periods, I often put Berlyn in this sling. It's helped free me to cook dinner and have a bit more mobility and freedom with my hands.
I think we will try the Moby wrap too, now that I am healing and able to wear it...

Feeling tired but blessed...we are figuring things out together, trying to savor those moments when we let go of life and it's daily struggles and just enjoy being "us"
...the family God created us to be.
More later...

3 comments:

  1. GREAT pictures - as always! I love ya SM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the curly hair. And as much as I think she looks a lot like Brayden, I see Brooke in the first two pictures on this post. HUMMM?? Love the pic of you holding her. She is so precious, can't get enough of her. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Berlyn! Brynn also has the outfit that Berlyn has on in the 1st two pics. It's so cute and snuggly isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete