Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Brayden's Birthday

Brayden's 6th birthday was Sunday. Last Friday he was able to bring in treats and celebrate at school. His favorite ice cream is sherbet, so he decided to bring in push-ups for his class.
He said everyone loved them...and "One of my friends even gave me a big hug!"
He also gave each of his classmates a "1st Graders are #1" pencil and a tootsie pop to take home with them.

He had a good day at school, being the "special" person.
On Sunday he woke everyone up at the crack of dawn. He was so excited it was his birthday. First thing in the morning he said to me, "Mommy, this is my first time ever being 6! I am never going to be 5 again. Not even in heaven, right Mom?" Bless his heart...Oh so dear.
Daddy and Mommy splurged and gave him a DS for his birthday. He had been asking for one since before last Christmas.
And since we are now living at my in-laws, he was also one lucky kid to have "extra" presents to open that morning from Grandpa and Grandma (felt a bit like Christmas, I am sure).

Later that afternoon, we had a BBQ and invited some family over. My Mom drove out from Saline...what a nice surprise!
The kids made caramel apples and played together.
(Cousins) Aidan, Brayden and Jackson
Me and my boy...my favorite little man.
And Berlyn with both her Grandmas...a great place to be!
I loved watching my Mom with Berlyn...warms my heart.
We ended the day with cake and ice cream...
and Happy Birthday wishes
We love you Bray!
Hope all of your birthday wishes come true!

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing ALL of you on Sunday, but especially enjoyed the time spent with precious little Berlyn Jo -- she made MY heart melt!! My heart also GIGGLED when I read about Brayden not ever being 5 again -- not even in heaven! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete