Monday, November 16, 2009

lighting up our last 11 weeks

i was singing to berlyn the other day while hanging out in the girls bedroom. brooke snapped this photo of us. "this little light of mine" is one of berlyn's favorites...sure to put a smile on her face (and on ours as well)
her smile is contagious, infectious and luminous.
she looks into her daddy's eyes with such intensity...like she is searching his heart and is assured that he holds the key to hers.
daddy's little girl...our little sunshine
11 weeks old last tuesday.
changing. growing. adoring.
this is the second dress that was once either my mother's or my aunt's as a baby (one that was handmade by my grandmother's european penpal)...an almost 60 year old heirloom.
a treasure indeed.

can't imagine loving her more than i do now.
beyond measure. blessed.

3 comments:

  1. I remember in the hospital I was holding Berlyn and she started to fuss. Darcy came over adn started to talk to her and she immediately was soothed by the sound of his voice and just found peace in his presence ... I knew at that moment she was destined to be a daddy's girl. She was flat out in love with him already. So very sweet - I am getting teary just remembering that moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at your pictures and seeing Berlyn grow and change. I can't wait to meet her in person. I hope our paths will cross during the Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays.

    Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a precious ray of sunshine indeed. and quite the photographer brookie is already...just like her mama!

    ReplyDelete