Tuesday, January 26, 2010

just now...

Just now, I'm in my room getting ready for the day...getting dressed, putting on makeup, jewelry, perfume (all things girly). My little 4 and a half year old is in my closet trying on my clothes. I giggle when she comes out and then reassure her that I'm not laughing at her...that she looks cute and just reminds me of me as a little girl. We talk about Grammy Jo and she was a bit confused that I actually lived with Grammy Jo...all cute.

Then she says, "Mommy, tell me again about you telling daddy to marry you." And I tell her that I did not tell Daddy to marry me. She says, "Did he ask you?" and I reply "yes." Then she asks, "why?" and I tell her because he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. And then she asks, "Are you pregnant?" I laugh and say "No!" and she replies "Well, that is what wifes do!"

Loving these little conversations with my little girl. She's growing up too fast.

1 comment:

  1. hehehe - what an adorable conversation! I do just love that girl! I love the moments where you see their little woman heart coming alive - where the pieces of their heart that echo God's nurturing, captivating, & lovely nature awaken.
    And she is right - Making babies is "what wives do!" - one wise girl!`

    ReplyDelete