Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Welcome Sloan!

Around 4am Sunday morning I received the exciting news that my sister Sarah was in labor. I jumped out of bed, threw on a hat and yesterday's clothes and anxiously headed out to Ann Arbor to meet her at the hospital.
And many many popsicles and one too many jellos later
(Bear couldn't eat)...
we welcomed my new nephew into this world.
This is my third time watching the birth of one of my sister's children.
I still marvel at the miraculous gift of life and am privileged to have been a part of this.
SLOAN MATTHEW HIGGINS
born March 29, 2010
3:48am
7lbs. 3oz.
Practically perfect in every way!









4 comments:

  1. I love how close you all are. It makes my heart happy to see the way you all love on each other. And, what a Blessing to see your sweet nephew being born. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Becky Jo - How awesome that you are so near to one another's heart. And how beautiful to share in your sister's joy! Doesn't it seem like just yesterday you were the one having a baby?! Thanks for sharing your sister's perfect new blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your whole family! What a beautiful blessing Sloan is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a handsome guy. Looks really healthy in the pics. PTL. Love the rosie lips. What a blessing to experience this with sisters.

    ReplyDelete