Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Melt my Heart Part 2: Make Me Smile

Welcome to "Part 2" of the "Melt My Heart" series...
I am beginning to think a book may be in Brayden's near future.
He is fervently writing letters to God from the depths of his little 6 year old heart.
His letters remind me of scripture and truths that have somehow been planted into his young heart and are beginning to take root and bloom.
Yes Lord, Your plans at times seem "weird" to us...but we know they are not for us to understand in whole...and we are to still trust in You...lean not on our own understanding...yet believe in the plans of hope and a future You have for us...working all things out for good for those who love You and have been called according to Your purpose.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Jeremiah 29:11
Romans 8:28
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son...that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have EVERLASTING LIFE."
John 3:16
"This is the day the Lord hath made. We shall rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
Hebrews 11:1
"How precious to me are Your thoughts O God! How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand."
Psalm 139:17-18
"For you created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb....
I praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful. I know that full well..."
Psalm 139

Thank You Father, for allowing us to be Your clay. In our tender or seasoned ages, You are constantly at work, writing our stories line by line with such thought and care in every detail.
We love you for this.

And I love you for throwing humor into the lines of our stories...
like giving me a sweet little girl who delights in rainy days and collecting worms outside in her nightgown without a care in the world.

Thank you for the smiles.
Let everything that has breath praise You.

4 comments:

  1. oh what a TREASURE! This is my favorite "I am clay" series ever! I especially love the scriptures that reflect the Word already planted in his young soul. Beautiful beyond words...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You really need to take those pictures of the letters and make a photo-book out of them. I'll be the Grandparents would love copies for Mother's Day/Father's Day!

    What a special young man you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EWWWW!! Worms !!!
    She reminds me so much of her Aunt Bear.

    ReplyDelete