Friday, April 30, 2010

wind of HOPE...

We closed the week with an 80 degree sunny day where we all allowed ourselves to relax and exhale. After a mentally, emotionally and physically exhausting week packing and moving all of our belongings out of our old home, the day ushered in fresh breezes, sunshine and hope.





It was more than a day of squealing at the wind...





or chasing sprinklers...




and catching frogs...

It was the mark of a moment in time where one chapter has closed and a new one has begun...
gently blowing into our lives a wind of hope.

Lord, this week I struggled to see You in the midst of our storm. At times, begging for Your presence to remain with me beyond my mornings where it seemed so fresh and real...pleading to feel Your love and to not feel forgotten. Remembering that You do not change, that new winds blow in trouble and hardship, but that You've seen us through them all and will prove true once again. Thank you for the people in my life that You used to gently remind me that You see me and I am loved. Teach me to be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer. Anchor me with hope for my soul.

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."
Hebrews 6:19

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Beautiful words. Beautiful heart.

    I am beyond Blessed to call you friend.

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It puts my heart at ease to know the peace has once again followed such a storm. Not that there won't be tough patches ahead, but that He has seen you through the intense grief this weekend must have brought...and not only helped you to cope, to endure...but has blown a fresh life into you. How awesome to know it is He who is the wind filling your sails, guiding you through this trial and beyond to restoration.
    The imagery of the pictures was simply beautiful. Praying for you still as you cling to the work He is doing and as you persevere to accomplish this noble task you have undertaken. Many would chose a different path (an easier one), but I admire your & Darcy's integrity in this. Indeed, God sees you. He sees children who are choosing to endure hardship as discipline, and gain character as they pursue righteousness. I feel as if He must be bursting at the seams proud of the son & daughter who are trusting him & walking by faith in this.
    May your hope continue to rise.

    ReplyDelete