Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy 60th Birthday Mom and Dad!

I've mentioned before that my mom and my father-in law share the same birthday (same day, same year). And this year they are turning the big "6-0!" It was my father-in-law's wish to have a joint party. And since he retired this year, we had plenty of reason to celebrate. Dayce, Tannia and Gabriel were also in town from Pennsylvania...seemed perfect timing for this occasion. So, this past Sunday, we decided to honor these two special people and throw them a party.
(dennis, my father-in-love)

(my mom and bob)
(my manly manly grillin' man)
(my bro-in-love matt, and his new son sloan)
(brookie and her "on-the-go" cousin blair)
(aunt tannia)
(uncle dayce and gabriel)
(my youngest brother greg and his girlfriend kendra)
(my mother and father-in-love)
(dennis and dana)
(aunt j and sweet baby sloan)
(the kids)
(beautiful day...all the rain avoided us! it was definitely God's favor on us because there were thunderstorms encircling the areas around us, but we didn't get a drop!)
(me and my lovely sisters)
(natalie jane)

(abigail)

(the birthday boy and girl)


(me and my mama)
(uncle greggy and berlyn)
(berlyn and daddy...as you can see, she was happily passed around all day like a hot potato!)
(piano lessons with grandpa...)
(and grandma)
(a little R&R for grandpa bob)
(it was a day of hard play and much relaxation)

(the birthday boy attempting the waterslide)

(natalie and brooke all "gussied" up)

(aunt florence and uncle steve)
(my other bro-in-love, nate, with yummy)
(daddy and son)
(belryn with her grandmas)
as i was going through and editing these photos today, my heart was just flooded with joy. joy in seeing generations come together to enjoy and celebrate life. mothers with daughters, fathers and sons, aunts and uncles, cousins and grandparents...this is family. and if summer were to end today i would be perfectly happy and content. i've had more than enough memories built and good times shared with the ones i love. i love the celebrations and i equally love the times of just "being." they mark our family history and enrichen our story.
so blessed to be a part of this.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like another successful party. Love the pic of you and your mama and the one of Berlyn at the piano with grandpa. Looks like everyone is smiling and having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, there is a vast shift in the beauty distribution quotient where this family is concerned - BOTH sides of the family. Some ding dang beautimous people around there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Amanda, for such a fun day. I love sharing my birthday with your Father-In-Love -- he is the best! I always feel so much at home when I am there!

    ReplyDelete