Friday, August 20, 2010

Good Shepherd

Stripped. Layers of convenience and comfort peeled away so that I'm left with nothing but pure, sweet, raw dependence on Him.

Like sheep that have been shorn of their hair...I stand vulnerable, afraid, but look to my Master and trust that the Good Shepherd has a purpose and a plan. That the stripping and shearing is for my own good and will bring forth a profit...Not a profit of wool or prosperity, but of life that brings glory to Him.

Finding these days that I am stronger than I thought I was. That His strength and matchless might is always within my reach--ready to be invoked...That I am perpetually within the sound of His voice and He hears mine.

Thank you Good Shepherd. Once again I am humbly wise to your providence.

As with any Good Shepherd, even in times when I'm prone to wander, you still stand by your flock, seeking the lost but not forgotten. Never ceasing to guide, watch, preserve, restore, tend and feed the children of your pasture.

Shepherd of mine, I love your ways.

"He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord."
~Micah 5:4

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of lyrics of the JJHeller song, "All I need'

    I don't need a thing.
    My good shepherd brings me all.
    You are all I need.
    You let me catch my breath.
    Even in the valley of death.
    You are all I need.

    All I need to be complete is your love
    Your blood that covers me

    You lift up my head
    You provide the wine and bread
    You are all I need
    There's no need to fear
    Even with my enemies here
    You are all I need

    All I need to be complete is your love
    Your blood that covers me

    Surely goodness and mercy are following me
    You are all that I need
    You make a home for me
    With pastures of green as far as I see
    You are all I need

    All I need to be complete is your love
    Your blood that covers me


    You words are of one familiar with the voice of her shepherd; one who has grown to trust his rod of direction and protection - even when you can't perceive the threat of danger ahead. It made my heart swell to read your words - at the goodness of our Good Shepherd & how mighty proud his must be of his tender child.

    I love to hear the overflow of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you erica, always offering words of encouragement that build and edify...I appreciate you. I'd love to hear that song.

    ReplyDelete