Monday, September 6, 2010

kindergarten jitters...

As excited as she is...
and as much as she keeps talking about kindergarten being only
7 days away, and then 6 days away, and then 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 day away...
I think someone still has a wee little case of the kindergarten jitters.
These jitters are manifesting themselves into an
"I don't want to sleep alone" phase...
So, for the past week now, our excited kindergartener has found herself in one of two places every night...
brother's bunk...or ours.
I can't count how many times today I have heard her say
"I'm going to kindergarten tomorrow!!!!"
"I can't believe I am going to kindergarten tomorrow!"
And amongst all of the excitement,
there is a touch of nervousness in the unknown.
I know she is going to love school and
I can't wait to hear all about her first day tomorrow.
Until then, will it be our bed or brayden's?

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear all about it either ... and I know you will document it well - such a good mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an insightful Mommy to see the connection! I will look forward to hearing how it goes...for both of you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the jitters for her!!! such a big step of independence in her world. sweet girl, you are going to SHINE your way through your first day!

    ReplyDelete