Thursday, September 23, 2010

Toiletbowl Truths...

I will admit I hate cleaning toilets. It's a daunting chore that Darcy has adopted and has freed me from having to endure in our almost 10 years of marriage (bless his heart!) But, with his new job, he has been working a lot and it's a season in life where I need to step things up a bit. Let's just say that our toilet has been lacking luster as of late, and today it was in desperate need of a little sparkle.

So, as I am kneeling down in our bathroom before the ol' porcelain throne I can't help but think of the One who sits on the heavenly throne. How what I was doing is much like what He does with me...He takes my dirt and my grime, the filth and the yuck and He makes it clean. He reaches my innermost places, that nobody wants to touch or come near to and He makes them new---washing me clean, purifying me. Making me whole.

For the moment, I embraced this loathsome chore with a new perspective. And in return I've been given an appreciative heart and a toilet that sparkles...
(exactly as He wants my life to do for Him.)

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:13-16

To be this light I must continuously go to the Master Cleaner and allow Him to wash away the dirt that so naturally and gradually begins to layer upon me and ask Him to once again cleanse and purify this heart of mine...to make my life one that sparkles for Him.

Moral of the story: Let your toilets sparkle!



2 comments:

  1. oh amanda just got done from being on my hands and knees making ours sparkle !
    what a sweet reminder, thanks for your precious words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet! Love it!

    now, I may need to go clean the toilets... dern

    ReplyDelete