Saturday, February 5, 2011

lazy saturday morning

After the hustle and bustle of the week,
it's nice to wake up on Saturday mornings and play...
play...
play!
And this morning, that's exactly what the kids did.
I, on the otherhand, have spent the entire day in the kitchen baking,
cooking and preparing food for Super Bowl Sunday!
I started out baking a butterscotch cake.
By no means are these cakes pretty...
but they sure are delicious!
After second thought, I was having cake-decorating remorse.
My girly instincts initially thought a heart atop this cake would be lovely...
but in honor of all those die-hard football fans out there,
I nixed the heart and adorned this cake with one of the most "uniquely" shaped footballs I have ever seen. Not my best work...but once it's tasted, I'm hoping nobody will even care!
And as many Saturdays do...this lazy morning quickly blended into afternoon. Lunch time brought on giggles and full tummies which warranted the usual mid-day nap.
And here is a sneak prelude to just that!


1 comment: