Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What do you see in me?

Over the course of the past couple of days, the LORD has spoiled me with His love and sprinkled me with His encouragement.

After my quiet time this morning, I couldn't help but feel like that homely, average looking girl whose boyfriend is that incredibly stunning and handsome man.

I think to myself, "God, what is it that you see in me? Some days I don't know why You even bother. I'm undeserving and so 'wrong' to be next to You. Immeasurable."

Thankfully, His love is too. Thankfully He makes this heart beautiful and is trying to make it a mirror of His own. Thankfully I am chosen. Thankfully He doesn't give up.

"This is the day the Lord has made. We shall rejoice and be glad in it."

3 comments:

  1. It is true. The days that I experience Him more fully are usually the days that I see myself most wretched. So thankful that His love is never-ending and that He does not treat us as we deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Charity! Thanks for your response to my wishing you a Happy Birthday! You are too sweet. I know I've told you before, but I regard you as one of those people in my life that pointed me to the Lord. Thank you for "accepting" a sinner like me, without judgment, and pointing me to Jesus by loving me the way He desires us to love others- -even in my lost, selfish and pitiful state. You made a big impact on my life. I love your example, your heart, and I love YOU sweet cousin-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed but grateful that God would use me in your life. I am quite certain that He is using YOU now in the lives of those around you too. Glad we can be on this journey together. I love you right back!

    ReplyDelete