Saturday, March 5, 2011

a little bit of green...

Today my heart feels just about as gloomy as it is
outside my kitchen window.
Heavy. Dark. Quiet. Still. Tired.
Perhaps it's because I have spent the past 3 days taking care of a sick and pathetic little girl. Berlyn has the flu (again) and this time it hit her hard. And 2 sleepless nights in a row don't exactly help and nourish a soul that already struggles with weariness.
Feeling a bit like I'm running on "E" on many levels.
Just when that tank was feeling quite empty, and not so sure it had enough gas to move forward for today...
a little package of "luck" arrived from my Mom.
Painting a little green
and planting a little hope
in my corner of the world.
This has been a tough 6 months.
This has been a h-a-r-d year.
Believing in blue skies ahead,
and patiently waiting for the sun to shine on.
I look around and see pieces of green and my heart is colored slightly and refreshed.
Storing up each golden nugget of "luck" and blessing
that perfectly carries me through.
Thank you Mama Jo...
for the little bit of green
that you consistently plant
in the corner of my heart.
olive juice!

4 comments:

  1. Mama Jo ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so cool how God moves your Mom's heart at just the right time for you. He loves us...oh how He loves us...oh how He loves...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious:) Mom's have a way of knowing just what a daughter needs. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete