Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stay this way


Over the past couple of days discouragement and weariness have tried to drown me and stifle the joy inside. I'm a tough cookie and I'm a fighter, but some days get the best of me. Today, all I could do was hibernate and retreat. Here are a few pieces of our day, shining light and hope on this season of waiting in the wilderness. The simplicity of this day and the innocence of my daughter brought moments of serenity and peace to this much needed soul.

"The wilderness will rejoice and blossom.
Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom."
Isaiah 35:1-2

Lord, show me how to rejoice and blossom in this season.
May my eyes be fixed on you and not on the withering lifeless choking weeds of struggle and strife. I want to burst into bloom for you today, tomorrow and always...
and to stay this way, alive in you.
Breathe life into me now.

Waiting and Hopeful.

8 comments:

  1. I love that Video! She is such a little sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!!! She has such a great role model in her mommy. She is on her way to being a glam-girl too. That makes THREE girly-girls in your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sweet mercy - I have never loved our Yummy Jo more. Watched it through tears ... So glad you have those sweet moments of Blessings to carry you through. Our God is so faithful!

    PS - I'ma need me that song. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love in your low points, you create this beautiful video and appreciate the small things of life. Isn't that so God! In our low points, he brings beauty and restoration. Love your you and your family Amandy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! I pressed the button before I saw the misspelling of your name! So sorry, but it did kind of crack me up! love ya Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me laugh Denise! My Dad used to call me Mandy (till I was about age 3 and "set him straight" that my name was Amanda NOT Mandy). Which then was shortened to AJ and eventually just "J". I've let a select few in my life call me Mandy...no one has ever tried Amandy...kinda like it! :)

    But I appreciate your kind words. I never thought about it like that. It's funny how this life works...an intermixing of joy and pain that ebbs and flows and becomes one journey. Only God can do that...pull beauty out of ashes and brokenness. I'm in awe of Him these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, that video made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! You have an amazing gift to capture such moments and creatively put them together with perfect song! Just one of your many gifts:). This brightened my night!

    ReplyDelete