Monday, June 13, 2011

Taylor Swift Concert

We have been so busy this past week with kindergarten graduation, afterschool picnics, end of year activities, dance dress rehearsals and recitals, a concert, and family in town (and a stomach virus in the midst of it all!).
I guess I will work my way backwards (more posts to come regarding these other events)...
but for now, let's focus on what we did on Saturday night.
We saw TAYLOR SWIFT in concert!!!!
My sister's family and I took the kids to see Taylor on her Speak Now tour.
We had no idea it would take us almost 2.5 hours to get to FORD Field!
The traffic was absolutely insane
(the last 5 miles or so before getting there took us the longest)
I couldn't have been happier to see that FORD Field sign.
We pretty much missed the entire opening acts
(came in on NEED to BREATHE's last song).
But we made it!
And we didn't miss Taylor's debut
The girls were so excited for the concert to start.
The crowd was full of energy, doing the wave and chanting for Taylor to come on stage.
Here are 2 of the (approximately 50,000) screaming fans!
I don't think Brookie knew quite what to expect.
And then the show began with a bang!
Overall, I was really impressed with her show...
the lights and stage were enchanting and ballroom-esque
and Taylor Swift was on fire, whipping her hair about left and right,
and working the crowd and the stage like a real rockstar.
She was cute and tasteful.
Brooke was clapping and singing along,
at one time standing on her chair and throwing her arms around my neck in happiness.
Everyone was having a good time!
Even in the nosebleed section
(yes, nosebleed...like one row from the tippy top)
we were living it up!
They don't allow professional cameras in the arena, but I did bring our other camera and zoomed in for a few shots throughout the show, (which is why they are a bit blurry)
And this collage below is actually photos I took of the jumbo-tron screen :)

About 2/3 of the way into the show, my little
girl just couldn't stay awake any longer.
She had a dance recital earlier that day and a full week prior to that...
she was sound asleep amidst thousands of screaming fans and fireworks booming.
And once in the car, her cousin Natalie quickly joined her
It was an "enchanting" evening...
one we will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment