Saturday, July 23, 2011

A window of loveliness...


My desire to decorate, create, and transform is

at an


all-time volcanic high.



I have ideas up the wazoo for bedrooms, kitchens,


kids rooms, wall decor, fleamarket


finds,


antiques, trash to treasure projects, and labors of


love.


We looked at a couple of homes


this


weekend. I think the fact that we may soon have

our


own space, a canvas for me to


explore


and create, is the catalyst to this bubbling


obsession.


Earlier this summer I picked an


old

farmhouse windowframe for $3.00 at an estate


sale.




I've had several ideas floating


around


regarding what to do with the frame,


but I must say I find this one below quite


charming.


Brookie does not have a headboard on her


little twin bed.


I think the ol' windowframe


will appreciate being looked through


once again


with such fullness and fondness...


to be the center of sight and view,


a frame for beauty,


(a job she's most accustomed to),


no longer discarded or forgotten,


but purposed again


to bring beauty and life into a room.


Is this not the most darling


whimsical sweet treat you've seen in a while?


Truly, a window of pure loveliness.


3 comments:

  1. i have two windows JUST like this...i've stored them for seven years knowing they'd one day find their purpose. what a great idea (and of course i adore the fabric banners). i pinned this photo on pinterest for our someday home last week. i too have got shaping spaces on the brain. simmer down, self. simmer, down! we looked at an adorable farm in armada...5 bedrooms, 4 acres, and character to boot. too bad it is just so far. one day, friend, one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting to see what you do with the shudder that you got in Ohio. I have to admit, I envy (not in a bad way) your creative decorating ability. Unfortunately for my family, that is not my strong suit. As a matter of fact, it is quite the opposite. I do love looking at your ideas and posts.

    ReplyDelete