Tuesday, September 6, 2011

1st day of school!

Summer is officially over!
(and boy did it feel like it this morning! Chilly!)
But, on an exciting note, I now have a
1st grader and a 3rd grader!
Today was Brayden and Brooke's first day of school.
I am so excited to say that we have finally moved! We don't have internet service yet at the new home, so you'll have to be patient in waiting for a future post in regards to this.
(I'm currently at Grandpa and Grandma's house doing laundry until my washer and dryer are hooked up)
We decided to keep the kids in their current school, despite the move and change of school districts. Daddy can take them every morning, which takes a burden off of me, and I will pick them up every afternoon. We are still deciding on whether or not to have them take the bus at Grandma's house (like they've done in the past) or if we will take them directly to the school which is a tad closer (and fight the parking lot). We have just wanted to keep as much familiarity into their schedules with all of these transitions.
Making silly faces for Daddy outside our new home.

My 1st grader posing at Grandma's house.
(she was itching to run to the bus stop here and did not want any more pictures taken)
We made it to Grandpa and Grandma's with time to spare.
It was a very rushed morning in general...smooth, but rushed.
This is probably the most unprepared I've felt for the 1st day of school. But considering the fact that we just moved 4 days ago, things are going well and I am a happy mama.
My handsome 3rd grader.
Daddy and his champ.
The kids waited and waited and waited for the bus.
It did not come?!
So, we hopped in the car and I drove them up to school
(as did all the other parents at the bus stop).
*turns out the bus was very very late. (over 20 minutes!)
Here's my boy sitting at his desk.
I pray this will be a great year for him.
Academically, third grade is quite a step up from 2nd grade,
but I am confident he will do fine.
He was really shy this morning.
Thankfully, his best bud and a couple of other friends are in his class with him.
And here is his new 3rd grade teacher:
Mrs. Cairns
(he did NOT want me to take this picture :)

Moving on to Brookie...
(could it get any better that my kids classrooms are directly across the hall from one another?
Made for an easy first day of school for me :)
My pretty first grader.
Brookie walked right onto her classroom with no inhibitions.
I think it helped that Brayden had Ms. Querro for 1st grade. Brookie was a preschooler at the time and tagged along to many functions. So she is somewhat familiar with her.
Brooke also has two good friends in her class with her: Sami and Katie!
I am so very glad and thankful that Brooke got Ms. Querro for a teacher!
I put in a request for her late (like on the last day of school!) and I never heard back from the principal. All summer long I had no idea if my request would be honored.
We found out last Thursday that she was assigned Ms Querro!
Thank you Lord! ...I prayed about this many times over the summer.
It feels like He has smiled upon us lately in big and small ways.
He is good.
Brookie and Ms. Querro
One last shot of my 1st grader.
In their classrooms...at their desks...
no tears from any of us!
(that's the first!)
So far,
we are off to a good start!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - how is it possible that Brookie is THAT grown up?! Seems like she was just Yummy's size. Mercy! And Bray, so Blessed to see that handsome, HEALTHY smile. Love to all the B's ... and the A & D too!

    ReplyDelete