Thursday, November 17, 2011

too much...

This morning's devotional. An appetizer to today's meal. Satisfying for the moment, yet filling me with a hope and desire for more...for what's to come. Spurgeon's words, filled with this hope, with truth and wisdom, are inspiration to our fields of faith. Years ago I wrote this quote in my Bible, today, I stumble upon it again in today's devotional and begin my day with this as my heart's prayer:

"Let nothing ever set your heart beating so mightily as love for Him."

Going about our morning routine, I stop for a moment, "Berlyn, I love you!" She replies, "No, Mommy. I your peach!" I respond, "Yes, Berlyn, you are my peach." And she ends with, "Too much. I love you too much mommy!"

Today Lord, may my thoughts for You be too much. May the drive behind my words and actions be You. Set my heart beating mightily for You...so that it feels I am bursting with everything that's of You. Overwhelm me with Your presence so that my heart cries, "too much Lord, too much."

"To Him be the glory forever! Amen."
~Romans 11:36

1 comment: