Friday, December 23, 2011

Born King

I love this time of year, the anticipation leading up to Christmas, the preparing of gifts and heart. Lately, as I have been reflecting on Christmas and Christ's humble entrance into this world for us, I couldn't help but recall an old Bible lesson from Beth Moore. I can't remember what particular study it is from, but it has stuck with me. In the book of Matthew, Chapter 2, the Magi seek Jesus. As the Wisemen from the East make their way to Jerusalem, they ask:

"Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him."

I remember Beth Moore pointing out a fact that nobody is "born" king...they may be born "prince" or "princess," but not KING. The Wisemen realized who he was. They came to Him, they gave to Him, they worshipped Him.

We, too, need to realize who we follow. This is no ordinary king. This is Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior, King of men and King of angels...King of KINGS.

As Mary did with ear, eye, and heart...I'm pondering. Today I ask, what will you do with the One who was born King?

No comments:

Post a Comment