Saturday, May 26, 2012

50 reasons to sing

I woke up yesterday in a good mood with a heart full of gratitude.  All around me I found many reasons to sing.  Each new day that Brayden is well and healthy is a gift. Yesterday I decided to count how many days it had been since Brayden had his last CVS episode.  It had been 50!  When I told him this, he thought it a good idea to bake a cake to celebrate. So we did.  Instead of singing, he decided it was best to pray and thank God for this.  I couldn't have agreed more.  Many reasons to sing.  Yesterday was full of them. Here are a random 50:
  1. Jesus
  2. My husband and my marriage
  3. Brayden
  4. Brooke
  5. Berlyn
  6. Our health
  7. Our home
  8. Our family
  9. Our friends
  10. Our church
  11. Our neighbors (we happen to be sandwiched between two of the best)
  12. Our cute town
  13. The peonies in our front yard about to fully bloom
  14. Music
  15. Bible study
  16. Prayer
  17. The fact that my kids love Jesus...and Adele
  18. My ability to stay home with the kids
  19. Homeschooling
  20. Seasons
  21. Exercise
  22. Good food
  23. Being able to paint my toenails. Finally. (hadn't happened since Easter)
  24. The fact that all three of my kids ate lunch together happily watching Sesame Street (don't know if this will be the last time that'll ever happen as some are outgrowing Elmo and Big Bird)
  25. Our Magic Bullet and it's ability to transform kale,spinach and ground flaxseed into delicious shakes my kids love
  26. Finally being able to make it to Trader Joes (there and back) without getting lost
  27. My husband's job
  28. New nail polish that does not chip or come off after one day (thank you Em for introducing me to Sally Hansen's "Complete Salon Manicure")
  29. Antiques
  30. Blogging/writing
  31. Books, and my love for reading
  32. Salvation
  33. Eternity
  34. Our country (and the men and women and their families who selflessly and sacrificially serve to defend our freedom)
  35. iphones
  36. The gift of motherhood
  37. The gift of sisterhood (biological and spiritual)
  38. The beauty in creation
  39. His promises that never fail
  40. His provision that supplies for every need
  41. His grace that is sufficient
  42. His mercies that fall new and fresh every morning
  43. His forgiveness for my daily mistakes and stumbles
  44. His work in and around me
  45. His love that cannot be separated
  46. His goodness that abounds
  47. His peace that calms and covers
  48. Pinterest
  49. Clean sheets
  50. 50 days of being CVS episode free!




























What are your reasons to sing today?

2 comments:

  1. Love this Amanda! It's an amazing blessing to have you not only in my life, but also in my sweet little town!

    ReplyDelete