Tuesday, January 8, 2013

You Shall See Wonders

I can't believe how much is jam-packed into one year.
How different the spread of 365 days can change the life of a family.
And a heart.
I reflect over this past year and...goodness!
A bittersweet blend of hardship and spiritual richness.
I've been looking forward to polishing off 2012 (really, really looking forward to this) and starting 2013 with a fresh canvas full of possibility.
Hope.
Wonder.

Last year around this time, I committed myself to learning to be content regardless of my circumstances.  To make do.  
To love well and to live well.
In some ways I accomplished this and in other ways I failed.
Better yet, God stretched and grew me in my weakness and deficiency in these areas.
And, as in the Philippians 1:6 theme of this blog, 
He is continuing to do so.

One of the spiritual lessons I've learned over the past year is that there is a thin line between learning to be content / accepting one's lot in life...and living in defeat.  Remaining in a state of contentment, acceptance and belief takes constant abiding and a re-veering of perspective.  Our imperfect and sinful nature, our emotions and experiences, all cause us to look through life from a very different lens than the LORD's.  And when we naturally do this, 
our truth becomes much different and darker than His Truth.  
It takes the supernatural to bring us back on course.  
A petitioning for more faith and knowledge and revelation.  
Of it, a holy and hefty increase.  
He does deliver.

I'm learning daily what it means to genuinely believe Him...to have faith beyond the saving and general kind, but to have a "wonder-working faith."  The kind of faith you need to move the obstructions and obstacles in your way.  In the book, "Prayers that Move Mountains," John Eckhardt talks about this supernatural faith as the faith you often find take over when we've come to the end of our own faith.  "It is a supernatural manifestation of the Holy Spirit whereby a believer is empowered with special faith, or wonder-working faith, and it is beyond simple saving faith."  A faith that is based out of the miracle-working faith that Jesus had during His ministry on the earth.  He said that we would walk in even greater power and perform greater things than He did (John 14:12).  Wonder-working faith taps into this power that is available within all of us, making the impossible possible.

And that's where my 2013 New Year's goal comes in...
to live this year fully committed to seeing His Wonders big and small,
to be pregnant with expectant hope.
Uttering faith declarations over my family and our circumstances, lifting up prayers that move mountains,
letting go of dreams and placing them into the lap of the ultimate Dream Giver.
Eyes wide open to Him 
and to a wonder-working faith.

Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.
Psalm 40:5
And He is the same God today as He was then.
Yes, you shall see wonders.


***"You Shall See Wonders" print found on Etsy.
Artist: Katie Daisy 

No comments:

Post a Comment