Thursday, June 27, 2013

Warm with God

Yesterday evening I was growing tired with the kids.  We had just finished a late dinner and I was cleaning up, more than ready for Daddy to come home from work.  I could feel my irritability and lack of patience on the rise.  I think my son was keen to this too.  At one point he asked me what was wrong, "Are you just tired, Mom?"  And a few moments later he came up alongside of me, hugged me right along my middle, and said, "I just prayed for you."  Strangely, I had felt a peace come over me just moments prior.  I told him that I think it worked, and that that was the best thing he could've done for his tired mama.  I then asked him what he prayed.  He said, "I asked God to warm your heart."

And in that moment, he melted mine.

I happen to be currently reading The Power Of Prayer in a Believer's Life by Charles Spurgeon.  How appropriate and resonating are his words to me on this very day.

"Unless we are warm with God, we cannot expect the love of God to manifest itself in us to its highest degree."

Thank you, my son, for knowing just what your Mama needed.
And thank you Father, for hearing and delivering.

This is childlike faith, at its finest.

2 comments:

  1. ah, brayden. he is learning right. loved this post, j. thanks for sharing this tender moment!

    ReplyDelete